Over the months of not blogging, plenty has happened.
Some very happy moments, and there was one that broke my heart.
Here's a summary of what happened in my life while I was away from blogging:
Wednesday, August 6, 2014
Over the months of not blogging, plenty has happened.
Abby grew up.
Coco came to stay with us while my family went to Hatyai.
Abby grew up some more.
Went to Cameron Highlands to do some field work with my family's company.
The hubby's grandaunt came to visit.
The hubby's anniversary gift to me; my name with his surname in between spelt out in his lawn.
We adopted Misha.
Bonded with Misha.
Chinese New Year 2014.
Went to Melaka with a few good friends for our coursemate's wedding.
Misha gave birth to two boys and two girls (on Valentine's Day, which also happens to be Chap Goh Meh; Chinese Valentine's Day) and nobody knew she was pregnant; not even the previous owners.
The puppies learned to walk blindly.
The puppies then opened their eyes.
Designed jewelry for the first time for a competition, but didn't submit it in the end because I loved the end product too much.
The puppies grew up even more (top to bottom: Nikolai the second boy, Anna the third girl, Alexei the eldest boy, and Mia the youngest girl).
The puppies had their first bath.
The puppies grew up some more.
The hubby and I went to Singapore for 3 weeks.
Had to rush back from Singapore when tragedy struck; Abby had to adjust to sleeping in the room with us for the night.
Abby had to endure a five-hour ride from Penang to KL, and she met her grandpa for the first time in the car.
Misha and her children passed away, and we had to make burial arrangements.
Hazel had her first bath.
Discovered how destructive Hazel can be when left alone and unattended.
Brought the girls down to KL; Hazel's first trip.
Went to Bangkok with my family.
Came home and was smothered with cuddles and kisses by the girls.
Discovered that Hazel finally knows how enjoy by sleeping on pillows or hugging bolsters, while Abby enjoys being wrapped with fuzzy blankets.
Went to check on my angel-doggies' tombstone, which turned out perfect.
Discovered Hazel is capable of hogging the whole sofa.
Saw the girls cuddling during the rain at my side of the bed (today).
Monday, November 4, 2013
Him: Never assume. Because if you do, you will make an ASS out of U and ME.
I swear, this sounded funnier during the conversation.
Him: Wah, I don't know why I'm so thirsty today?!
Me: What did you eat last night?
Him: I don't know...
Me: You swallowed silica gel, is it?
Tuesday, October 29, 2013
Say hello to what my whole life is about now:
This is baby Abby!
The hubby and I found her wondering around the streets alone, but she looks really cheerful and adorable.
She's really small and we feared that she will get knocked down by cars, so we rescued her and brought her home with us.
On her first night, the hubby had to go out late at night to check on her when she whined, while I checked on her when she whined again in the wee hours of the morning.
I joked with the hubby that it is like having a baby because we are already losing sleep over this LOL.
But I enjoy all this because I feel like am fully responsible for Abby, and no one else will love her like I do.
In fact, I feel more attached to her than ever, and it is likely that I will be the one struggling with separation anxiety when I travel!
Since 23 October 2013 (we have her for 6 days now; most eventful 6 days EVER), here's what I learned about Abby so far:
- She's very friendly.
- She has beautiful brown eyes.
- She looks like a Labrador mix.
- She's rather gentle.
- She has sad-looking eyes that make puppy eyes look even more convincing.
- She loves cuddles and hugs.
- She loves to playfully nibble our feet.
- She pees and poops only grass.
- She loves to swallow food whole.
- She loves biting on foreign objects; stones, dead birds, small plot of grass, fruits.
- She loves jumping on tall grass.
- She enjoys sinking into tall grass.
- She's not much of a water-drinker unless she was out and about.
- She loves squeaky toys.
- She enjoys taking walks or runs.
- She whines a lot when her leash is tangled.
- She does not know how to untangle her leash herself even though she loops around just once.
- She loves sitting in between our feet.
- She likes to place one of her front paws on our feet.
- She loves to hug something during sleep.
- She fully sleeps when she's on her side.
- She whines a lot for attention when she knows we're nearby, but once left alone for five minutes, she starts entertaining herself with the squeaky toy (like at this very moment).
- She's not afraid of bigger dogs; constantly plays with them until startled by a loud bark or annoyed snap.
- She stops whining immediately when we open our bedroom door.
- She's very sensitive to our presence.
- She wags her tail when we are in sight.
- She throws a cute little tantrum when she fails to move further from her leash.
- She detests being kept in a small cage.
- She isn't afraid of lightning and thunder.
- She loves belly rubs.
- She's afraid of canes; the very sight of it silences her but we don't use it.
- She picks up her name rather quickly.
- She loves to lick wet legs.
- She has huge paws for her size.
- She has really soft fur on her ears, head, and chest.
- She doesn't bark, but has a high-pitched tone.
- She loves running in between our feet and often get stepped on by accident.
- She's a little clumsy.
- She sheds a lot of fur.
I can't wait to learn more about this precious little girl, and look forward to more time with her!